My dad only wants yard work from me?

Ok so as of right now I’m 21 years old and I’m still living with my parents. I’m working nearly full time for my internship and I just moved home from campus. Growing up I’ve always done several hours yard work around the house every weekend with my dad. I would always have to earn to make plans and to even just go... show more Ok so as of right now I’m 21 years old and I’m still living with my parents. I’m working nearly full time for my internship and I just moved home from campus. Growing up I’ve always done several hours yard work around the house every weekend with my dad. I would always have to earn to make plans and to even just go see my own boyfriend at the time. It was never “oh this needs done first before you go.” It was always “you need to do at least 4 hours of work before you leave.” I understand this form of discipline to an extent, I was never spoiled, i pay for my own phone and I just bought a car. Looking back at it and looking at it now, my dad never really pays attention to me unless work needs to be done.,,I’ve done this so much growing up I just feel like I’m nothing but free labor to him and it causes too many fights. He never spends time with me my mom or my sister. He just sits downstairs and watches tv..He never wants to go out, spend time with us or go see a movie or anything. I literally feel like all he cares about is yard Work. It’s to the point where I sometimes refuse to do it because of the issues it’s causing. In my mind I’m thinking “If this is the only form of attention he wants from me then I don’t want it therefore I’m not going to do it.” I’m just sick of it all. Am I over reacting or is this something that he’s done that’s wrong?
2 answers 2