COMPTON asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

do you think college football players should be paid?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

A full athletic scholarship at a major university is worth upwards of $80,000.00. How many 18-22 year-olds do you know that have a part-time, seasonal job that pays that much?

• Dr. J.
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No I do not, especially because they will raise ticket prices. College football is such a money grab!

• Truth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they are paid. it is called free tuition

• Betty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No....they will be overpaid when they enter the NFL.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They already are. Huge scholarships and invaluable training.

• Cory
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I don't think there should even BE a college football system. Most don't want to go to class, there should be a minor league where players can train and compete and be paid.

If they want to go to school, use that money to go to school, too. But, don't put up a farse by making professional athletes take classes to earn the right to play sports before they make it to the big leagues.

• 2 months ago

They already are. They can graduate college with no debt.

• 2 months ago

not really they are not professional at that stage

• 2 months ago

They are paid, that is what their scholarships are. Schools that make enough then use it to fund other programs as well. However a lot of schools aren't making millions on Football like Alabama and Clemson and USC do. I mean I honestly don't care if they get paid money as well. However if they ARE paid you can expect a lot more schools to start shutting down their football programs because they don't make enough money.

• COMPTON
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

people at usc was talking about players should be paid a lil something

• 2 months ago

No.

Small, private colleges and universities will not have enough money to sponsor football and fund their players.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.