Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

I’m deciding on a pet and I’m stuck between three because they’re all so cool, can you help me decide?

Would you rather have a dog, cat, or bird? I know these animals are completely different from each other, but they all have qualities that I love, but I can’t get all three at the moment. I’ve had many pets before so you don’t have to choose based off of which one is best for beginners or anything like that. Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I've owned all three animals growing up. I'm partial to cats first, then dogs, and last birds. We had a few parakeets but I'm not a bird person.

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

A bunch of cute and cuddly fish.

• 2 months ago

Although I adore and have had dogs I would recommend a cat, they are less matience and cats are awesome.

• 2 months ago

Whichever one is in the most need of a home

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would personally prefer a dog, but I suppose it really depends on your lifestyle. If you can't be home for a good chunk of the day, go with a bird or a cat because, as I'm sure you know, dogs require a lot more personal attention. Personally, cats freak me out. They're so sneaky and some experts have said that if cats were big enough and believed they could, they would eat their humans. I enjoy playing with my friends' cats, but would never want one of my own. Birds are very loud. A friend of mine has a bird, and she is constantly chirping and squawking really loudly for attention, even when my friend has her out of her cage and is letting her fly around the house. I personally wouldn't want to deal with that. Dogs can be trained not to bark, but I'm not sure if birds can be trained to be quieter. I guess it really comes down to your personal lifestyle and financial situation. Bird vets will likely be more expensive than dog/cat vets since they're probably considered "exotic" pets. My rabbits have to go to a special rabbit vet, and they ain't cheap.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My house is too small, but if it was'nt, I'd get a dog.

• 2 months ago

Getting a pet takes a lot of responsibility, free time and commitment. You need to make sure your pet is living a happy life. But in my opinion, I think a cat would be a good option.

1. They are very independent and smart.

2. They are clean creatures

3. You don’t have to walk them

4. They sleep for most of the day so you get time slots to do things that you couldn’t while he/she was awake

5. They only really need a few requirements

Food and water

Litter box to be cleaned 1-2 times per day

Love and affection

Playtime

6. They will love you so much when you gain their trust and really show affection towards them

A Dog is still a great pet and completely worth it but they are quite hard to manage

A bird will also have separate needs and probably very annoying heh

It’s your choice but I would totally recommend adopting a kitty cat :3

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I wouldn't recommend any pet as a beginner pet - even hamsters have very specific needs that most pet shops will not inform you about so they end up living unhappy lives.

If you are able to spend almost all day everyday with this pet (never leaving it alone for more then 4 hours) then I recommend a dog.

If you are able to spend the majority of the day (being home for at least 12 hours) then I recommend a bird.

Whilst cats do need exercise and TLC they require the least amount of time spent with them. It is important you have enough money and time for all these animals, this includes a separate saving for any possible vet bills needed in the future.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Cat! Loving, lovable, you don't have to walk it. You can't cuddle a bird.

• In
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Birds can and do cuddle up to humans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.