Hit men? I have watch crime shows online, and sometimes the so-called hitmen only ask for $5,000 to $10,000 for killing someone.?

Of course, these are sting operations and the supposed hitmen are actually police to catch the people who want to murder a person. I am curious if that is what real life hit men actually make for killing someone? I would think it would be at least $ 100,000 dollars for the risk of going to jail for the rest of... show more Of course, these are sting operations and the supposed hitmen are actually police to catch the people who want to murder a person. I am curious if that is what real life hit men actually make for killing someone? I would think it would be at least $ 100,000 dollars for the risk of going to jail for the rest of their lives, or even the death penalty.

Please explain. Thanks.