I am newly released after a 11 year bid in prison and am trying to rebuild my life. I am working on getting the best job possible?

And thinking about starting at a church to get some people around me who are going to help me keep doing good honest things. Besides that I'm kind of lost any other advice?

No one here can help you decide on a vocation when we have no idea what your skills are. For that, you need a vocational/career counseling service. With regard to "starting" a church, we also don't know what qualifies you to preach, teach, and guide others in their religious journey. Why set your sights on something that big to begin with? How about just joining a church that pleases you, and go on from there?

• Grace

Please go see a guidance counselor

Just obey all of Jesus' saying and you'll do fine .

• antonius

Jesus has never been proven to have lived. All that i claimed Jesus said is nothing abut what Roman writers had the character say.

• Saad M

It is the mosque that will help you best by having a sincere faith in God, to whom you will ask forgiveness and save yourself even materially.

Going to church is a terrible idea, that is where all the bad people go to feel better about themselves. Christianity doesn't teach how to be a good person, it tells you that you are a horrible person who must continue to slavishly follow a vain, jealous, vengeful and rather despicable all-around god.

There are secular groups all around the Country. Let google be your guide in finding them. It will vary a lot from region to region.

• hellocopter

Wow, not in my experience. Jesus tells me I’m His beloved, and constantly builds me up through other believers too. Following Him? We get to know Him, fall in love with the beauty of who He is, become amazed by our created value He reveals, & just want to be like Him & let Him love through us.

An 11 year stint in prison is a very long time.You will have a difficult time to find any job.

Going to a good Bible believing church might be a good idea.However there too you will have problems.

Studying to become a prison chaplain might be a good idea.Don't expect high wages.

Get a cdl license to drive them big trucks

• antonius

Well aha, I finally see something from you that I think might be useful.

• Alan H

As long as by best you do not just mean best paid

that seems a positive move

First, start off with what your job skills actually are. Where do your natural talents lie? God says your talents will make a way for you, so figure out what those are.

As far as applying your talents to a local church, can you sing? Play an instrument? Volunteer to play in the church band or to be part of a praise and worship team.

Are you good at administrative stuff? There's a lot of admin stuff that goes on in churches that need good, qualified people to help out with that. Are you good at fixing stuff? Building stuff? Writing stuff? Usually that kind of thing is already taken care of, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you want to start off in a church, make sure it's the right kind of church. You want a good, solid Christian church that teaches the Word of God, not "a second testimony of Jesus Christ," or a "Kingdom Hall," or something like that, but a bona fide Bible-teaching, Bible-believing church. Talk to the pastor and tell him up front what your gig is, what you did to land yourself in prison, you're out now and want to do right. Any pastor worth his or her salt is going to do what he/she can to help. Probably won't give you money, probably won't give you a paid position. Church workers don't actually make a whole lot of money, that's just how it is. But you can certainly offer your help.

In the end, Chris, the first thing you need to do is ask God to lead you where He wants you to go, to put you in touch with the people He has already set aside to help you -- if you're serious with God, He will be serious with you. Are you saved? Nothing else you do in life matters as much as that. So if you are not saved, get saved, and ask God to lead you where He has already designated for you to go.

Again, God says YOUR talents WILL make a way for you. If you're not sure of your talents, ask God to show them to you. He will. He is the one who gave them to you in the first place. In fact, it is some kind of sin -- and Jesus talks about it -- when you bury your talents and don't use them to prosper yourself and others. Matthew 25:14-30.

Good luck, Chris. If you're not saved, get saved. Ask God to lead you. He will. Seems like He's already been doing that, so embrace it. Get saved if you're not already, and listen for what God has to say.

• antonius

Don't fall for such as; "ask God to lead you where He wants you to go, to put you in touch with the people He has already set aside to help you"

• Matt

Maybe do some volenteer work at farmers markets or stuff like that first. Things that show through action that you can be a helpfull member of society. That could help your chances with potential employers whod nornally reject you for your criminal record alone.