Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 2 months ago

why are Dagestanis so much more robust than Eurpeans?

Both are members of the Caucasoid race but they look so different. Below are two drawings. One is of a hypothetical Dagestani named Magomed Magomedmagomedov and the other is a hypothetical British man by the name f Charles McGreggor. Note the pronounced brow ridge, larger cranial capacity, stronger equaline nose and higher cheekbones on the more robust Dagestani.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

Pronounced brow ridges was a common feature among paleolithic humans. Early modern people like the finds from Jebel Irhoud and Skhul and Qafzeh had thick, large brow ridges, and also some living people, have quite pronounced brow ridges, but they differ from those of archaic humans like Neanderthals by having a supraorbital foramen or notch, forming a groove through the ridge above each eye.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your drawings are not scientific illustrations. To prove your assertion that they have heavy brow ridges, you need actual photographs and/or measurements. The Dagestanis that I see in Google searches do not have brow ridges. Their eyes are sunken below the brow, but the brow is not elevated above the rest of the forehead.

Dagestan is also a diverse country, with many different ethnicities, including the Avar, Dargin, Kumyk, Lezgian, Laks, Azerbaijani, Tabasaran, and Chechen.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I'm not sure if this is pathetic or hilarious, or just an ambitious troll.

• 2 months ago

I wonder what his sister looks like.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

hypothetical

Given that word, you can "prove" anything.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Wow...drawings. Did your parents put that up on the fridge for you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.