When filling your vehicles fuel tank, do you stop at even number or when pump clicks off?

Update:

A friend and I have a beer bet on answer--thanks

33 Answers

Relevance
  • marty
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I just go until it stops. Never worry about the amount since I always use a card at the pump.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

put gas in to it stops

• 3 months ago

I usually push it up to a number that I want

• zipper
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You do what is right for you, not what I do is none of your business!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I stop when the tank is full.

• 3 months ago

I fill up at Costco, and it's not real close to my house so I put in as much gas as possible. Where I live, gas is a buck a gallon cheaper than in California.

• arther
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I just put $100 at a time in it never gets past 3/4 of a tank so I don't have that worry Id need closer to $200 fill both tanks then Id stop when it clicked off cursing and swearing about the cost of fuel. when I brought the car 15 years a go it cost half this much to fill the bloody thing up.

• 3 months ago

I just put $20 worth of gas in the tank when I get gas. Filling the tank all the way tends to flood the charcoal canister and cause a good $600 in repairs.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
    • KY-Clay
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Wow!! So very wrong and absolute ridicoulas answer. No way will it flood the charcoal canister. And you claim to be a Master Tech.

• 3 months ago

I stop when the pump shuts off.

• 3 months ago

I haven't done that since they installed card readers instead of requiring you to pay inside.

Note: The claim that it damages the EVAP canister is VASTLY overstated.

• Anon3 months agoReport

No. bax and others have diagnosed hard starts and check engine lites to saturated carbon canisters. Warming in an oven fixes them.

• 3 months ago

I stop when the pump clicks off. You could ruin your vehicles vapor canister by topping up.

Source(s): nothing
    • Anon3 months agoReport

Wont ruin it, just put in oven at 150.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.