Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 months ago

i left a bottle of opened maple syrup in the pantry for 3 days before putting it in fridge. is it still ok to eat?

• Betty

It will be fine............

Wait, why would you put maple syrup in the fridge? It should always be fine to eat, leaving something like that open for three days might not necessarily be bad to eat, but it might not taste as good. Also, check for Mold.

• Mark

Yes. Maple syrup is mostly a sort of sugar, so it doesn't "go bad" in the pantry within a reasonable amount of time (like two years).

• geezer

I never store syrup in the fridge anyway.

• Kate

My Maple Syrup lives in the Pantry, never in the fridge in the first place.The fridge kills the flavour.

• Mark

Not to mention, it would make the waffles/pancakes, or whatever really cold.

• denise

Yes, I dont keep it in the fridge, I keep it [with the cap on] in the larder.

Yes, it's fine............................

Well, unless this is some kind of competition with a prize, no one except you knows.

Why not check it and see.

If it's a competition, my answer would be, “yes, it's fine to eat”.

Foods with too much sugar will not spoil at room temperature. This is why you notice that restaurants leave ketchup on the tables all day. Ketchup has about as much sugar as ice cream.

Maple syrup doesn't need to be refrigerated. Over an extended period mold can form but not in just three days. Refrigeration just acts to delay this from happening. It should be perfectly fine to use still.