Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 3 months ago

i left a bottle of opened maple syrup in the pantry for 3 days before putting it in fridge. is it still ok to eat?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Betty
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It will be fine............

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Wait, why would you put maple syrup in the fridge? It should always be fine to eat, leaving something like that open for three days might not necessarily be bad to eat, but it might not taste as good. Also, check for Mold.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Yes. Maple syrup is mostly a sort of sugar, so it doesn't "go bad" in the pantry within a reasonable amount of time (like two years).

• geezer
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I never store syrup in the fridge anyway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

My Maple Syrup lives in the Pantry, never in the fridge in the first place.The fridge kills the flavour.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Not to mention, it would make the waffles/pancakes, or whatever really cold.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Yes, I dont keep it in the fridge, I keep it [with the cap on] in the larder.

• 3 months ago

Yes, it's fine............................

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Well, unless this is some kind of competition with a prize, no one except you knows.

Why not check it and see.

If it's a competition, my answer would be, “yes, it's fine to eat”.

• 3 months ago

Foods with too much sugar will not spoil at room temperature. This is why you notice that restaurants leave ketchup on the tables all day. Ketchup has about as much sugar as ice cream.

• 3 months ago

Maple syrup doesn't need to be refrigerated. Over an extended period mold can form but not in just three days. Refrigeration just acts to delay this from happening. It should be perfectly fine to use still.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.