Can i upgrade the CPU of my laptop, or is the cpu integrated in too the motherboard of the ROG Zephyrus G GA502.?

I tried looking it up but i couldnt really find an answer online

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-rog-zeph... shows motherboard with all the heat pipes and fans carrying heat from the CPU and GPU. No clear shot of the chips, but I don't see an indication of a socket for either. The upgrades mentioned were for only RAM and SSD storage, not for the main chips.

Also, the whole case is only 0,8 inches thick, so probably no chance for the extra thickness a socket would take.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's not common to be able to do so since the cost effective way to manufacture laptops is to wave solder the CPU into the motherboard. It's partly cost, and it's also a space issue since everyone wants a lightweight, and thin laptop. Vertical space is saved by not having to utilize a socket that allows removal and replacement of the CPU. In a normal situation, such as a desktop, a CPU socket assembly can be nearly 1/2 inch in height. If you laptop is one of the thinner ones, then don't count on it. Check your manual that came with your computer. It should tell you if the CPU can be changed.

• George
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Most laptops cannot be upgraded except for adding ram or changing the hard drive.

• 2 months ago

The CPU on your motherboard is not user upgradeable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Open it up and look at it- you should be able to tell at a glance.

• Starrysky
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Most laptop CPUs are covered by a heat pipe exchanger. Hard to tell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.