What happens if theres no police report and i have a car accident uninsured in NJ?

I got into a car accident yesterday and had no ins!No injuries,and the guy i hit just wanted to exchange info and not call police!We did so,but my ins is not valid!He will find out when he files claim!What happens next?If theres no ticket,then what happens?Im guessing this is a civil matter?i dont know?Doesnt a... show more I got into a car accident yesterday and had no ins!No injuries,and the guy i hit just wanted to exchange info and not call police!We did so,but my ins is not valid!He will find out when he files claim!What happens next?If theres no ticket,then what happens?Im guessing this is a civil matter?i dont know?Doesnt a judge have to have a ticket in order to impose fines and other things?Can a small claims judge impose these things,or is it just to pay damages?My fault.im stupid!No excuse!I have 2 kids and im a single dad!I know im screwed!Live in NJ!Please help me!