Do wrestlers lack psychology and story-telling nowadays?

I mean wrestlers now are exciting, and the matches are fast-paced. They are probably more advanced as far as holds and moves go. But, I see some wrestlers sell, but their expressions in the eyes and face are not as believable, and it shows by the crowd reactions. I see a lot of wrestlers that know how to sell,... show more I mean wrestlers now are exciting, and the matches are fast-paced. They are probably more advanced as far as holds and moves go. But, I see some wrestlers sell, but their expressions in the eyes and face are not as believable, and it shows by the crowd reactions.

I see a lot of wrestlers that know how to sell, but they sometimes forget to sell an injured body part through the match to do moves. Not that it bothers me that much; I like the modern matches, but I think psychology is important, too.

Guys like Shawn Michaels, Ricky Steamboat, and Bret Hart were such great sellers that they could make the fans believe they were really hurt. They also could work a crowd by not doing as much, and it still turned out to be great matches. At the same time I get it. The fans want fast-paced action. What do you guys think?