Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 months ago

Can I demand that my employer give me my hourly wage immediately when I complete that hour?

She wants to only pay me every two weeks

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's how I get paid

• alan P
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Nobody gets paid immediately every hour when they are working

• Clive
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Of course you can demand anything. But no doubt the contract is you get paid every 2 weeks. Just like everybody else. Are you really that incapable of managing your money?

The normal thing here in the UK is to be paid every month. Everybody manages with that. Why can't you?

• clida3 months agoReport

Not in the United States. Only very seldom are people paid on a month. As a matter of fact you sound very judgemental

• 3 months ago

You can demand whatever you want, but she doesn't have to do it.

• 3 months ago

US law doesn't REQUIRE payment more frequently than once a month. The law ALLOWS payment as frequently as the parties agree.

If you demand payment more frequently than once a day, your resignation will be accepted effective instantly.

• clida3 months agoReport

State law states EXEMPT employees be paid at least once a month. NON EXEMPT employees are to be paid twice a.month. NON EXEMPT employees are those who are paid hourly . Exempt employees are those who get paid a salary instead of being paid hourly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Athena
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

No, you agreed to that when you took the job.

Too late to change things now.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

BEFORE doing so better have another JOB lined up cause this one will be OVER. Employers do not take well to DEMANDS especially something so damn stupid! I am an employer.

• 3 months ago

Unless you are in a union you can negotiate that contract. You can demand hourly payment and refuse to continue your employment if she refuses.

• John
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

When at work, its best not to do or say things which would lead your employer to think you're foolish.

• David
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You should have known that before you started the job.

• 3 months ago

Sure, you could demand that, then you would be fired.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.