How long to I need off work after laparoscopy for endo?

I have recently (Monday) had a laparoscopy, helica ablation, cauterisation of my cervix and the coil fitted, as I have endometriosis and have had to have the endo behind my ovaries and on my pelvic muscles removed. I was told by a few women who have had similar operations that they where back in their feet and back... show more I have recently (Monday) had a laparoscopy, helica ablation, cauterisation of my cervix and the coil fitted, as I have endometriosis and have had to have the endo behind my ovaries and on my pelvic muscles removed. I was told by a few women who have had similar operations that they where back in their feet and back at work within a few days to a week, so I did not request a sick note from the hospital when I had my surgery. It is now Saturday and I still feel awful, I have horrendous period like pains, I feel sick, I’m tired, I’m bleeding a lot, and it seems to worsen when I sit up straight. I am due to be returning to work on Monday. I wondered if anyone had any advice or if any women have been through anything similar as I was lead to believe I would be fine by now.
1 answer 1