Lefo asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 11 months ago

do you have to burn all the calories you eat in a day to lose weight?

hey u guys so i just wanted to know if you have to burn all the calories that you eat in a day , to lose weight. i eat around 2k calories per day and i want to know if you have to burn everthying you eat to lose a pound

when I had to lose my weight I ate less calories than my normal amount was. and walked and did exercises a lot

Indeed you have to consume 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat or be in a 500 calorie shortage however the key is to make sense of as a pattern what number of calories you are consuming regularly. On the off chance that you know what number of calories you consume, at that point you can without much of a stretch alter calories devoured to be 500 calories beneath what you consume to lose 1 lb of fat for each week. Obviously the more calories your body consumes the more sustenance you can take in. All calories consumed adding machines are evaluates and ought not be taken with barely a second thought.

The best strategy to making sense of calories consumed is by trying. On the off chance that you normal 2000 calories expended every day except don't lose a lb of fat at that point chances are you are not consuming 2500 calories for every day. Be that as it may on the off chance that you devour 2000 calories for every day and consume in excess of a lb of fat for every week then that implies you consume in excess of 2500 calories for each day. It takes some testing yet once you make sense of what number of calories roughly you consume every day you can precisely check your admission.

The way to lose weight is to "burn off" more calories than you consume.

No you have to burn more than you eat if you burned everything you ate and then didn't eat a small meal afterwards you would go to bed hungry and you would most likely end up binging out the next day and that would slow down the process altogether.

• edward

Burn them all and then some more. Most people find that it’s easier to eat less calories and just work out the same

You have to burn MORE than what you eat.

Realize that you burn 1500 or so just being alive for the day, without any exercise at all.

Yes, but most of the calories consumed are used up just staying alive. An hour of exercise only burns a few hundred more. About 200 for weightlifting (1 hour), 300 for walking (3 mi) and 600 for jogging (6 mi) . To lose weight you have to eat about 1000 fewer calories than usual. Exercise is important for strength, muscle tone, and cardiovascular health.

Note: Walking or running burns about 100 calories per mile. 5 miles will use 500 calories. Doing it 7 days a week could result in a half pound of weight loss a week, as long as you don't make up for it by eating more, which you will if you don't restrict calories. A few minutes of calisthenics is a good warm up, but burns a negligible amount of calories.

• User

Rather

more generally

you have to *on average* burn more calories than you consume.

So: you need not do so day-to-day

but

you need to do so week-to-week, month-to-month, etc.

For example: if I burn 2,000 calories per day every day

and today I consume 3,000 calories

but typically I consume only 1,500 calories per day

then I will definitely lose weight over time.

That one "eat too much" day is not going to prevent me from losing weight

though I'm likely to temporarily gain weight that will take a couple of days to lose!

• JetDoc

You have to work hard enough to burn MORE calories than you take in.

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=qf_sp_asin_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=11052016srsr-20& marketplace=amazon®ion=US&placement=B07CYNYLPB&asins=B07CYNYLPB&linkId=2528c28a2e5c48b51e5db7df0f207ed9&show_border=false&link_opens_in_new_window=true&price_color=333333&title_color=0066c0&bg_color=ffffff">

</iframe>