Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 months ago

My daughter in law doesn’t cut my grandkid’s hair, should I cut their hair?

My 3 older grandkids are 6 and 5 year old twins and they all have very long hair. My 5 year old grandson’s hair reaches his shoulder blades and the girls’ hair is well past their waists. How my grandson doesn’t get in trouble with long hair at school, I will never know as their school’s dress code is pretty strict.

Both my daughter in law and son have long hair and I do wish my son would cut his hair but he refuses because he likes it even though it looks unprofessional. They’ve never taken the kids for a hair cut because the kids like having long hair, my daughter in law will give them a tiny trim at home every couple of months to keep the ends neat and that’s it.

I have the kids until they go back to school tomorrow, I want to go and get their hair cut so they look respectable for school tomorrow, should I do it because it’s clear their mother won’t.

Update:

What on earth is a hair fetish?

I do actually have 5 grandchild but the younger two don’t have much hair and as I’ve said the older three have long hair.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

No because they're not your kids that would be disrespectful. You don't have to like their choices but you do have to respect them and not cut their kids' hair. They'll most likely keep them from you for a very long time after that if you do.

• 3 months ago

They’re not your kids. You shouldn’t be doing anything to them that the parents don’t want/haven’t given permission for

• B nice
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

I know you want to cut it,, but think of the repercussions after the fact..

• 3 months ago

No, I made the mistake of trimming my granddaughters bangs one time, bigggg problem!! Daughter in-law was mad for months. I understood why too! They looked fine. Took her two days to notice,but she didn’t like it at all. Please don’t do it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

no you should not cut their hair as they are not your kids to be doing that

• patty
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

theres nothing u can do. the parents have long hair so they want their kids to have the same. Nothing strange about that

• Wow, their just kids it's not like the kids are going to be working any time soon. Let them be kids, let them do what they want with their hair. Also you're not their mother, but out.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Do not touch their hair If you ever want a relationship with them again. Just MYOB.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

See my earlier answer.

• 3 months ago

Cut your grandkids hair and you are likely not to be left alone with them for a long time. They are not your children and their parents are bringing them up the way they want to. You can ask if you can take them for a hair cut, but if the answer is no, then that is it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.