Is it a guarantee that if I get a security lock box or suit case -- people will leave my things alone?

I start my software engineering training at '42: Silicon Valley' next month in October and I am also accepted into the dormitory program. They recommend that I get a security suit case or some such to keep my valuables, etc. safe. Who is to say some nerd *sshole won't take the entire suit case or lock... show more I start my software engineering training at '42: Silicon Valley' next month in October and I am also accepted into the dormitory program. They recommend that I get a security suit case or some such to keep my valuables, etc. safe. Who is to say some nerd *sshole won't take the entire suit case or lock box to try to open else where?

If you have dormed and attended 42 school--please give me some input in this. Thanks so much.