Large popped blister on thumb, severe pain?

At work Thursday night I was doing work with gloves on. My hands were sweating some because of the gloves, & the gloves rubbed my thumb a lot. I didn't know how bad it was until later when I took the gloves off. There was a large, popped blister on it. I put a bandaid on it & went back to work. Later... show more At work Thursday night I was doing work with gloves on. My hands were sweating some because of the gloves, & the gloves rubbed my thumb a lot. I didn't know how bad it was until later when I took the gloves off. There was a large, popped blister on it. I put a bandaid on it & went back to work. Later that night I got a box of gauze pads and a roll of medical tape. I've been keeping it wrapped up all day, unwrapping it over night, and using peroxide to keep it clean.
Now, 2 days later, the pain is pretty much unbearable, it keeps getting worse and worse. The pain is now spreading to my index and middle fingers. I can't touch any part of my thumb at all. It is a throbbing pain that starts at the blister and spreads out. The skin on the sides of my thumb is turning white and peeling and looks like its dying. The blister doesn't look infected, so I don't know if I should have it looked at, but I don't think I can handle it if the pain gets much worse. What can I do to help the pain?

This is a picture of it from right after work the night it happened - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=681448279035572&id=100015112170680
1 answer 1