Can you gain immunity to a disease through blood transfusion?

Like, let's say you need a blood transfusion. In the the donors blood are anti-bodies for a disease. Could you become immune to that disease because of this? Would it only be temporary, if yes? Or would your body take the new anti-bodies lead and start making it's own for that disease? Sorry if this is a... show more Like, let's say you need a blood transfusion. In the the donors blood are anti-bodies for a disease. Could you become immune to that disease because of this? Would it only be temporary, if yes? Or would your body take the new anti-bodies lead and start making it's own for that disease? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not very knowledgeable with these types of things.
Update: I mean immune as a side-effect. Not that the transfusion was intended for that purpose. You might've needed the transfusion for a physical injury for example.