Am I right to be annoyed at my friend for cancelling plans at the last minute?

He cancels plans on me all the time. I'll list the reasons he's given: -Had to go to his dad's place to fix his car -stayed up all night for a friend for emotional support, so can't meet me at noon for video games -lost his debit card, so had to go to his apartment to cook food -woke up at 7pm and... show more He cancels plans on me all the time. I'll list the reasons he's given:
-Had to go to his dad's place to fix his car
-stayed up all night for a friend for emotional support, so can't meet me at noon for video games
-lost his debit card, so had to go to his apartment to cook food
-woke up at 7pm and too tired to do anything but catch up on lost sleep
-knocked out by a cold and had to stay home and rest
I try not to get too mad because these are mostly good excuses, but what makes me mad is how he's terrible at responding to texts and phone calls, and he never shows up to class to talk in person (we're in college) so it's extremely difficult to reschedule.
I know he genuinely likes me (he always acts excited around me and he's paid for my dinner at a restaurant recently without me asking), but it's annoying how hard it is to get together with him.
Update: As in, I try not to get mad because they're usually good excuses but it's hard when he does it all the time.
Update 2: To answer a question from someone: I know that he's terrible at texting back/answering phone calls with everybody in his life, not just me. I do not know if he cancels on others this often, though.