How difficult is it to replace tie rods on a 26 year old 4WD Toyota truck?

have a 1993 Toyota T100 that needs the tie rods replaced. I want to replace both the inner and out tie rods on both sides. but what I saw on youtube, do you have to have that special tool that I think cost about $ 40 and also need to buy jack stands which I think would cost at least anther $ 60? so maybe it is... show more have a 1993 Toyota T100 that needs the tie rods replaced. I want to replace both the inner and out tie rods on both sides.

but what I saw on youtube, do you have to have that special tool that I think cost about $ 40 and also need to buy jack stands which I think would cost at least anther $ 60? so maybe it is worth it to just have a local garage replace them for $ 300 including alignment after?
Update: how difficult probably to get the old tie rods off? or what will be the hardest part and why?