Jason asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 months ago

How often should you be washing your makeup brushes?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

I would say at least once per week. Otherwise, they can harbor dirt, germs and skin oil which can be a cause of infections, like stye, conjunctivitis or acne. That's what I do, and I use baby shampoo, because it works really effectively, plus it's cheaper than many makeup brush cleaners on the market.

I would also recommend washing a makeup brush if you're changing from one color of makeup to another, so that you won't get traces of the old makeup in the new one. For example, if you have been wearing a blue eye shadow, then switch to a pink one, then you should wash the brush first, otherwise the pink eye shadow could have traces of blue in it.

Hope this helps.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Every 2 weeks is enough.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

About once a month. A mild shampoo works; you do not need a special cleaner.

• Laura
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It really depends on what you are doing with them.

If you use a foundation brush to apply foundation you should was that after each use.

If you have one fluffy eye brush you use to blend everything you won't need to wash this unless you really feel like you need to.

In general I wash my brushes when they start to look weird or when I can't clean them with just a dry paper towel to get the color off. I have multiple copies of my favorite brushes so I don't wash them often.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

every other day. unless you have acne, after every use

• Robin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I do mine once a month

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.