Jason asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 months ago

How often should you be washing your makeup brushes?

I would say at least once per week. Otherwise, they can harbor dirt, germs and skin oil which can be a cause of infections, like stye, conjunctivitis or acne. That's what I do, and I use baby shampoo, because it works really effectively, plus it's cheaper than many makeup brush cleaners on the market.

I would also recommend washing a makeup brush if you're changing from one color of makeup to another, so that you won't get traces of the old makeup in the new one. For example, if you have been wearing a blue eye shadow, then switch to a pink one, then you should wash the brush first, otherwise the pink eye shadow could have traces of blue in it.

Hope this helps.

Every 2 weeks is enough.

About once a month. A mild shampoo works; you do not need a special cleaner.

• Laura

It really depends on what you are doing with them.

If you use a foundation brush to apply foundation you should was that after each use.

If you have one fluffy eye brush you use to blend everything you won't need to wash this unless you really feel like you need to.

In general I wash my brushes when they start to look weird or when I can't clean them with just a dry paper towel to get the color off. I have multiple copies of my favorite brushes so I don't wash them often.

every other day. unless you have acne, after every use

• Robin

I do mine once a month