How should I deal with my mother-in-law insulting my children?

I recently married the man of my dreams, but my new MIL is a nightmare. My husband has a girl & a boy from a previous marriage & I also have a girl & boy from previous relationships, plus we have a 2 year old so & 6 month old daughter together. Our house is full of kids & we treat all of them... show more I recently married the man of my dreams, but my new MIL is a nightmare. My husband has a girl & a boy from a previous marriage & I also have a girl & boy from previous relationships, plus we have a 2 year old so & 6 month old daughter together. Our house is full of kids & we treat all of them equally. My MIL doesn't. She acts like my kids are 2nd class citizens & makes snide remarks to them. She actually told my 8 yr old she was too fat to wear a swimsuit in public, & told my 5 yr old son he was going to flunk kindergarten on the first day of school. But she told my stepson (who also started) that he was the cutest & smartest boy in the class. And she compares my daughter to my step daughter in brains, looks, personality,ect too. She does like our 2 year old because he looks just
like his dad & is smart. I heard her telling my husband he should get dna testing done on our baby girl because she says she is a homely child. She buys my stepkids toys & candy & tells my kids they should get me to find their daddy's mommy to spoil them. They don't know what that means, because they don't even know their dads. They call my husband "daddy" & he IS daddy to them, so why can't she accept them like she does the other kids? The favoritism is so obvious even our 2 year old notices. I do appreciate her help with all 6 kids but it breaks my heart to see them treated so rudely. My husband & I talk to her about it, but she denies it. Do you think I should secretly record her?