Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

I have a 30 kg mutt. A couple of times each year he howls like a wolf when he's sleeping, loud and long. Anyone else have a dog that howls?

yep i have but he dont have to be asleep either to do so

• Jojo

Many dogs howl at sirens, high pitched singing, and some musical instruments and some DO howl when sleeping, possibly because of something they are dreaming about.

My dogs will howl on command...well...not on command...but If I howl they will howl with me.

I also have a parrot and now the larger (and smarter) of my two dogs will respond to the parrots screaming by howling. This started when I started calling back to the parrot and then the dogs starting making noises back too. A little while ago I was working on a project and heard the parrot making noise in the kitchen, then the dog started howling back at her from the bedroom....pretty funny...