luz asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 3 months ago

my room is infested with moths; I don't see any holes in my clothes, my room is fairly clean and I don't eat in there. What are they eating?

• Zheia

Maybe your wallet has become open somehow.

they probably got in thru a small hole in your window or wall somewhere. dont worry tho they usually are 100% harmless. just scare the crap out of you sometimes

At your hardware store, there is a moth trap that is typically used for pantry moths. The moth trap is a simple piece of light weight cardboard that is folded into a triangle shape. The inside of the triangle shape is lined with a sticky substance where moth bait is to attract moths, which get stuck in the sticky cardboard.

I had a moth problem once and this Pantry Moth product took care of the problem.

Adult moths don't eat, but their larvae do, and usually some form of natural fibers.

Some caterpillars are like scavengers, eating old dead skin tissues or even molds.

Maybe in carpets or padding.

• Joe

Have you checked your toes recently ?? All there ??

• Cammie

Try moth balls.A little goes a long way.https://www.amazon.com/Enoz-SYNCHKG098694-Moth-Bal...

Moths don't eat anything. In fact they don't have mouths.

What they do is lay eggs and they eat anything and everything -

even synthetic carpet if it is is at all soiled.

Not all moths are clothes moths. Only 2 kinds of the many species of moth are the ones that eat clothes.

they might be eating you, call pest control about it, ive had bedbugs myself

Moths eat natural fibers, like cotton and wool. Check your clothes and/or your bedding, you might find tiny holes in them.

There is a repellent for moths. It's called mothballs. They smell bad, but they do keep the moths away. Put them in the drawers or closets where you keep your woolen or cotton things.