is it bad if i use a image from online to use for my profile picture on hq?

i felt like instead of the ghost picture i have on hq i would use a different image for my profile picture so i went online and chose a image from aladdin from 1992 of abu holding the lamp and now i am worried that its technically copyright so should i change my hq profile back to the ghost so i dont get copyrighted

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

IDo istksykydyldkdyulf

• hooray
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Can you really only imagine either stealing a picture or not having one at all? Why not make your own? Take a picture of yourself or something that interests you, provided it isn't also a work protected by copyright. Then you'll have a profile picture that is unique to you and the copyright will be yours.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Technically it's illegal to do so because you're using a copyrighted image without expressed written consent from the copyright holder - Disney.

Will Disney come after you? Well, most likely not. However, Disney is notorious for vehemently protecting their copyrights and intellectual property. Disney once made a daycare center remove a Disney-themed mural because they didn't have permission from Disney to use the likeness of the various characters. A FRICK'N DAYCARE CENTER!

So when it comes to Disney, I'd rather be safe than sorry and not have to hire a lawyer just because I used some image on some HQ (what'ever that is) site as my avatar.

• 2 months ago

Yes it is and you many be violating copy writes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It’s fine. There’s millions of people probably even hundreds of millions of people who use random google image profile pictures. It’s only a small scale picture anyway.

• Steve P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Doing something wrong simply because others are doing it does not make it right. True, nothing will likely arise from it, but it is still a copyrighted image and the asker has NO rights to be using it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.