In synastry do the signs also make a difference in the aspect being compared to?

So I know in synastry the angles or range of the degree between planets are analyzed to make a determination. But does the sign and element make a difference? For example my mars in Cancer is squared to another guys venus in Libra by 0-1 degrees. Now would it be a different story if his Venus was in Aries and it... show more So I know in synastry the angles or range of the degree between planets are analyzed to make a determination. But does the sign and element make a difference? For example my mars in Cancer is squared to another guys venus in Libra by 0-1 degrees. Now would it be a different story if his Venus was in Aries and it still made a square just in a different sign? Since both our mars and Venus are in cardinal signs does that make a difference too or would it be the same results if they were both fixed or mutable signs say instead of mars in Cancer I was mars in Pisces and he was venus in Gemini?