Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

What do you say to Jehovah's Witnesses when they knock on your door?

Favorite Answer

I HAVE A BIG SIGN SO IF THEY IGNORE IT TOO BAD FOR THEM...I DO NOT ANSWER....

• Fireball

I ALWAYS MENTION THE TRINITY...HOW DID U MISS THAT??

• Mintee

I welcome them in, offer some coffee or tea and give them a copy of my Quran to read.. thank them and send them on their way

It’s so nice to see you! Come refresh yourselves!

They do a courageous work despite what anyone says, truly carrying on in Jesus’s commands to preach and make disciples for God’s Kingdom as the Bible Says!

They are neighborly and honest folks, carrying no weapons but the Bible posing No Threat to anyone.

They offer help to all ages and all Races all over the World 🌎.

Truly Christians practicing their Faith, not just saying it. All done voluntarily not forced, they are happy doing it and so the children.

JW.org is the official site.

Where I now live solicitors are not allowed and a large sign at the entrance makes that known.

• Nonona

they are not solicitors, they are not selling anything

• Paul

I invite them in, offer them some refreshments, and share the Word of God with them. Four of them who have knocked on my door over the past several years are now Catholics. They really are hungry for truth, once they have the opportunity to hear it.

• Hannah J Paul

It is always interesting when different people convert to other religions. In my congregation there are several former Catholics too.

Most say: "We are not interested." and shut the door. See what Jesus told his followers concerning our preaching of the good news. "Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet. Truly I say to you, It will be more endurable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah on Judgment Day than for that city. Look! I am sending you forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves. Be on your guard against men; for they will deliver you up to local courts, and they will scourge you in their synagogues. Why, you will be haled before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations." --Matthew 10:14-18--Yes, just as Jesus was persecuted, so too would his followers be. How happy we are as followers of Christ, since he always told the truth, never watering it down. Only he can give us the hope of "everlasting life" in perfect health.--John 3:16 and 17:3 and Isaiah 33:24-- The promises that Jehovah God and Christ Jesus offer are worth any persecution we have to face. In fact, we are told at John 15:20-23: "Bear in mind the word I said to you. A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will persecute you also; if they have observed my word, they will observe yours also. But they will do all these things against you on account of my name, because they do not know him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. He that hates me hates also my Father." Where are all the churches that belong to Christendom? They are not persecuted, are they? They must not be following Christ, since they are not being persecuted. Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones, that I know of, who are listening to and following Jesus in all that he did and taught. Humans have been given actually two choices according to Deuteronomy 30:19+20. I invite you to make the right choice by looking into the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. Watch videos such as: Does God have a Name? What is God's Kingdom? Why did God Create the Earth? Why did Jesus Die? and Why Study the Bible? IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you for this question.

• Mayflower

RB, have you read your charity return today>>>very important.

the last lot fled when I pointed out they did not know the Bible and that goes' for ALL christians

• BJ

What did I say, come in, been a JW since, 61 years.

Just to let you know, every time some of you make negative comments, all you do is convince me that I have the truth pertaining to God's Word.

• Huh?

I ask them how do they obey the Watchtower after its numerous failed prophecies over the last 100 years

I got lucky the last time, it was a father and son team so I asked the father that if his son rejected the church would he follow the watchtower teaching on disfellowship?

• the same as i say to everyone who does that, dear: "Hello dear!"

I usually tell them that I am active in a church and I appreciate them stopping by and admire their hard work, but I am happy where am at right now and to have a great day and thank you for stopping by.

• Hannah J Paul

Thank you for the kindness and respect you show them. That is a reflection of your love of neighbor.