Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 3 months ago

Question about an i-pad?

My kids gave me an i-pad for my birthday. I work in an government bldg. and plan to bring my device with me to work to use during my breaks. I have disabled the wi-fi and am wondering if it can still be watched from an IT dept. or computer room if I am just watching downloaded material, but with no wi-fi? I've been cyberstalked before and had all my personal e-mail taken by a crazy lady before and am trying to protect myself and avoid my privacy being invaded.

Update:

I forgot to mention that my info was obtained through screen shots of my e-mail taken while on break using their wi-fi at another job. I learned my lesson about not using a company wi-fi during my breaks. Just thought someone out there might need to hear this.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Without your iPad being connected to any company network or device, there's no way for anyone there to track it or monitor what you do with it.

• Lv 7
    3 months ago

unless you connect to a network, that network cannot watch you.

• 3 months ago

No, they can't snoop on it if it's not communicating. Don't tell it the office Wi-Fi password, and make it ask to join strange networks. Otherwise you'll get lazy and forget to turn it off.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i would hope not, not if youre on your break

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.