Will anyone studying these majors that require calculus ever use calculus after graduation?

Am i just wasting money on Trigonometry, Calculus, and Precalc courses when studying music to become a conductor. The college requires these useless classes, possibly to keep people with otherwise useless knowledge employed. Vocal Music majors must take these classes, last time i checked one doesnt need that... show more Am i just wasting money on Trigonometry, Calculus, and Precalc courses when studying music to become a conductor. The college requires these useless classes, possibly to keep people with otherwise useless knowledge employed. Vocal Music majors must take these classes, last time i checked one doesnt need that knowledge to belt out a pop song.

I also know a geography major in that class and how is calculus that needed to know where New york is and that new york is far from Iowa. Do engineering majors need to know this to make a bridge. Why do students need to learn physics and understand relativity. Relativity is something theoretical and no one knows how light really works.

are most of these classes useless bullshit and a way to make students waste money?
6 answers 6