How to defend myself in a workplace against a social bully who draws first offense and will probably get me into trouble if I talk back?

and if I stoop to his level......Im planning and getting this guy out of here.....but he might use evidence against me being just as bad as he has...

its him and some other guy where they just keep being annoying and harassing me.

Favorite Answer

Bullies are not particularly interested in their effect upon their victims. They are interested in their victims' squeals and writhing. If you neither squeal nor writhe, she or he will move on to more useful victims.

Your workplace will not offer you any defence against bullies, unless they bully on the basis of a characteristic that has been specifically listed in your country's anti-discrimination law (such as skin-colour, perhaps). If your bully is relying upon that sort of thing, discuss it with your supervisor, and read up on your country's laws and enforcement arrangements.

• iammclane

G- Your country's law might possibly assist you in defending yourself, but it you insist on "getting even" your country's law could likely be used against you.

• DIEGO.

Good question!!

• TC

The bully is creating a hostile work environment. Talk about this situation with a manager or with somebody in your human resource department.

• Gervasius7 months agoReport

they love this guy to be honest.

You can only go to either HR or a supervisor and ask what can be done about harassment in the workplace. Labor relations dept in your state can then take over if your HR dept or supervisor do nothing about it

Why are they acting like that in the workplace and why haven't they been let go? Is it government work? Most other employers consider that a liability but the government is the nation's largest welfare program. It's okay to behave that way and they won't let you go because...let's face it...where else would you go with those kind of behavioral problems? Send 'em to Afghanistan and kill 'em off. Give the taxpayers teat some relief from all the suction.

• Gervasius7 months agoReport

They were most likely special-ed students in high school. I don't know about the managers, but I can see the frustration in their eyes. The workplace is Fedex and im desperate.

i would talk to your manager about it

• Ann

What is he bullying you about--your appearance, your work product, or what? Study him (and his accomplice) and listen to what they talk about and to whom. Are you the only one they harass? If there is any sexual connotation racial bias, or any other personal issue to what they're saying, record them on your phone and take it to your human resource dept. Also, if there's any subject about which this guy is sensitive (being fat, having a small package, not being a math whiz, etc.), turn the tables on him in a group. Not the best thing to do, but it might work. Bullies usually have something they're uncomfortable with. Find his sore point.