What can I do if no tree service in 10 miles will work on my large maple?

I've had three tree service businesses look at a large maple in my front yard and none were willing to work on it. They cited close power lines and no access for their cherry pickers. It is on a busy main street and there are no driveways in front on my block. The access to the property is from a parallel back... show more I've had three tree service businesses look at a large maple in my front yard and none were willing to work on it. They cited close power lines and no access for their cherry pickers. It is on a busy main street and there are no driveways in front on my block. The access to the property is from a parallel back street and their equipment won't fit between the closely situated houses and there's steep curb in front.
Update: Had another tree service agent come and look. I had a diagram and list of things I wanted done. He just waved them away. When I attempted to show him some small stumps I wanted ground out, I thought he was standing behind me. When I looked up he was 40 feet away looking at something else. When he started for his... show more Had another tree service agent come and look. I had a diagram and list of things I wanted done. He just waved them away. When I attempted to show him some small stumps I wanted ground out, I thought he was standing behind me. When I looked up he was 40 feet away looking at something else. When he started for his truck he handed me a business card with the estimate already written on it. How did he know what it would cost before he looked?
1 answer 1