Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 3 months ago

Should I avoid colleges that receive a poor rating regarding free speech?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Any school that greatly censors free speech is likely indoctrinating not educating. Free speech is a cornerstone of good education.

• tribeca_belle

I'm blocked from answering by the person asking the question. I guess he limits "free speech." In any case, a person should go to the best college he or she can get into and try to act like a decent human being at all times.

the larger issue,, 40 years of paying 350 bucks every damn month

is that expense commensurate with the benefits of a good paying occupation post graduation,,colleges costs are administrator driven inflated,money they waste. useless majors,teacher salaries 30 & more percent above what private schools pay.

if you value a place for free speech,, choose a conservative university

and a good curriculum that will pay off,they do not take a dime from the state for their programs and all costs therein

You do you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is sensitive question.

I don’t condone cheating, but it’s really not worth your time to still be even thinking of this.

• Andidii3 months agoReport

Ahhh my bad, I don’t know how I ended up answering the wrong question LOL!! I was literally just reading another one...sorry guys

Absolutely. Liberal colleges that suppress free speech should all go broke.

• Isaiah 65:17 For I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, says the Lord; so shall your descendants and your name remain.

2 Peter 3:13 But, in accordance with his promise, we wait for new heavens and a new earth, where righteousness is at home.

Probably. Consider that as one of many qualifiers to consider. Also consider who rated the colleges.

If you have concerns that a college's "political correctness" has gotten to the point where it would impede your ability to receive a well-rounded education, where people are allowed to ask questions, and raise issues that may be hot button issues, but don't want to fear being expelled, suspended, or ostracized for during so, then yes. If you want to go to college, just be nasty or rant about how you hate somebody, then free speech laws won't protect you from that. What people should realize is, is that free speech is only for the government. If it is a public college, then you're only protected from the college itself, restricting your speech, and there's many exceptions to free speech laws. And then, even if you go to a college that doesn't restrict your speech, but the people who go there tend to be more easily upset by things you say things that could piss people off, there's always going to be consequences from your peers, if you upset them, and that's not something you have a right to be protected from. First Amendment only applies to government action, so public institutions, not private schools (unless they receive federal money or something).

Free speech in speech protection from the government not some random school