My roommate was in a hit and run last night. Will she be issued a citation by police, or caught?

I'm asking for her since she does not have an account here. She told me she was entering the left turn lane with her blinker on. A painter van in the middle lane entered the left turn lane and hit the back end of her passenger side, leaving a scrape/scuff. No major damage. Even though she did not cause the... show more I'm asking for her since she does not have an account here.

She told me she was entering the left turn lane with her blinker on. A painter van in the middle lane entered the left turn lane and hit the back end of her passenger side, leaving a scrape/scuff. No major damage. Even though she did not cause the accident she drove away from the scene, and disappeared into traffic on the main road. The van did not follow.

Would she still get a citation or be arrested for leaving, even though she didnt cause the accident? She thinks the van driver didn't have any time to gather her info. I'd also like to add in that most painters/contractors around here do not speak english so we're hoping there's a chance he didn't know what to do. Should she expect a ticket, phone call? Or will the cops let it go since there was no major damage?