Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 10 months ago

Would it be seriously weird if, when we get married, I wear a wedding dress but Laura has a fitted man's style suit?

I really would like to wear a dress for my wedding but Laura isn't keen on one. She has said she would quite like to have a suit in which to get married instead. We are getting hitched next week but are having a 2nd ceremony in the UK in November - she would want the suit for then.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Wear whatever you both like. Plenty of women wear suits for their weddings...and plenty of Scottish men wear skirts ;-)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Are you a man or a woman? That would depend on my answer.

• 10 months ago

That would be awesome. Some people would think it’s weird — but I’m assuming they’re not invited.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

I think its a bad idea and I wouldnt want my family... Children to see it.

• ...Show all comments
    • BeatriceBatten
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

If your kids absolutely lose their minds over seeing a woman in pants or a man in a dress, or a same sex marriage, then it’s not the clothes or the marriage that’s the problem here. And it’s almost never the kids who care about this sort of thing ... most kids will say “oh ok. So where’s the cake?”

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

It's your wedding; you can wear whatever you want.

Just be aware that you get ONE wedding. The UK one won't be a wedding, as you'll already be married.

• Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Yes we are aware of that , it just gives all those who weren't at the real thing a chance to witness another exchange of vows. We just want to make sure there are no hidden resentments later for what we have done...

• 10 months ago

The couple can decide what they wear.

• 10 months ago

You will do what you will, but a wedding is a ceremony usually taken seriously by the bride and groom, the bride's maids and the groomsmen and the families of the couple. I guess I could just be an old fogey, but some of the people you love very much might think the cross dressing would be inappropriate. Think of them too.

• ...Show all comments
    • Foofa
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Shona, Jack apparently missed the subtext that you're a same gender couple ;-)

• God
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It's yours and Laura's day. Wear whatever you two want. Congratulations!

• 10 months ago

Nope, not weird at all, go with what feels right. It will be your day.

• Alex
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Not really. I've seen it many times.

Remember that a wedding if for the both of you and that you both need to do what makes the two of you happy.

If she wants to wear a suit and is fine with you wearing a dress...Do what's comfy and enjoy your day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.