I was driven to school by my parents till I was 16. Is that in anyway normal?

So yeah, from when I started school at 4 till age 16 going on 17, I was driven to school by my parents. My mum would tell me how she and her siblings would walk to/ from school when they were very young children. At 16 going on 17, I decided to walk to and from school, thinking it was time to be more... show more So yeah, from when I started school at 4 till age 16 going on 17, I was driven to school by my parents.

My mum would tell me how she and her siblings would walk to/ from school when they were very young children.

At 16 going on 17, I decided to walk to and from school, thinking it was time to be more independent.

Since kids walk to and from school on their own, is it normal for some other child to be driven? I don't know if I was taking things for granted and being lazy, but felt bad.