Why won't my dad let me see my mother? I WANT TO SEE HER!?

Okay so my mom left us when I was 5. I've been waiting every night asking when is mommy coming home. My dad told me the truth about her a couple years ago that mom left because she didn't want to be a mother, she can't handle motherhood and decided that she wanted her own life. Plus she did drugs and... show more Okay so my mom left us when I was 5. I've been waiting every night asking when is mommy coming home. My dad told me the truth about her a couple years ago that mom left because she didn't want to be a mother, she can't handle motherhood and decided that she wanted her own life. Plus she did drugs and abuse. My dad said he told my mom either she gets cleaned up or he is gone. So she got her act up and cleaned up. But then two months later she left us. My nom and I have been texting each other. I haven't seen her since I was 5. My dad found out and yelled at me. He took my phone away. I told him I want to see her for the holidays but he quickly said no and he doesn't want me near mom. We have a huge fight and I said, "You just don't want me to have a loving mother and daughter relationship!"
He said to me brutally, "SHE DOESN'T WANT YOU! The fact that your mom left us to have her own life proved that she doesn't want you! I want you to stop texting her. You're doing all the texting. You don't need her. Move on!"
I was shocked and hurt that my dad would said that to me. I'm 16 now. I remember on Mothers Day I hated it because I was the only kid in the class that didn't have a mother around and didn't make a gift.