I am pregnant with my 1st child, are my expectations to high from the father?

He has an 8 yr old whom he practically raised. It has been hard to get very excited about certain things because he already has a child and so his concerns are not the same as mine. I want a nice nursery, he finds it unecessray saying his daughter sis not have all that. I feel that s comparing when obviously this... show more He has an 8 yr old whom he practically raised. It has been hard to get very excited about certain things because he already has a child and so his concerns are not the same as mine. I want a nice nursery, he finds it unecessray saying his daughter sis not have all that. I feel that s comparing when obviously this is a different child, time, and mother and circumstance. It s like he keeps comparing this child who is not here to his current child. It is really pushing me away. Makes me want to get my own place and do this on my own. What do you all think? He just doesn t have to being up his child Everytime this one is discussed.