Has Yahoo stopped the Recaptcha?

I have not had to click each square with a car or crosswalk for days.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, they have stopped using it two weeks ago. You can see that Googe has removed it Terms of Service on the bottom right-hand panel.

Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's been turned off for over a week now. Notice at the bottom right of your screen there used to be verbiage about the site being protected by reCaptcha and Google policy applied...that's gone too.

A number of questions were posted about this, when the reCaptcha was turned off. That's why there is a search bar at the upper portion of the page...so users can search and see if their question has already been asked/answered, before posting.

• 3 months ago

I think they removed it because it ruins the site.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It looks that way thank goodness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

I sure hope so that they stopped it. they should also stop people from opening tons of accounts so that they can report you for no reason at all

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Yes it has been Discontinued or for now anyways a lot of people Complained about It so Yahoo Decided to take it out

• 3 months ago

Yes, it was a totally useless feature and did NOTHING to stop the trolling here. .....while usership was probably TANKING because of it.

• 3 months ago

Hey...you're right. I never noticed until I read your question. YA! has a really poor IT department. They have no clue how to roll on or roll off new or old products from their information systems. They just do it without warning or explanation.

Which leads people like you to ask questions like you did.

Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

It's always been that way, even before Verizon owned the company (no warning of changes, maintenance shut downs, etc).

• 3 months ago

For now, but if the bots attack the site again, they will probably be now.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

It's just fifteen characters, now.

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Finally. It's not like our answers are taken as scripture. I found it odd that we needed that garbage. As if trolls couldn't just do them and still be offensive.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.