Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 months ago

Okay beauty is subjective. Really?

Now I get it people have preferences and how good or bad someone looks depends on the person. Here is the thing there is obviously people who are extremely good looking, center of the road, and extremely bad looking. Who do people want to argue that?! There may be one person out of thousands who things otherwise but come on. There are ones and tens.

• Snoopy
    Favorite Answer

I guess the kinder you are the more beautiful you look.

I don't believe in compliments anymore as it usually starts off with 'you are pretty' to 'you suck and that woman is more beautiful'.

Overall I think avoiding the topic is much more productive.

I think everyone agrees on the 10s but most people are in the 3-6 range and that's where you get subjective.

You're missing the point. You think that if a majority agrees on something, it's objective. You don't know what subjectivity or objectivity means. Beauty is not an object; it is a subjective evaluation of the object. Cheeks are objects. Noses are objects. Hairs are objects. The fact that a majority of people agree that a particular body is beautiful doesn't change the fact that that body is an object and every evaluation of that body is subjective.

Aesthetics is a very interesting study both philosophically and psychologically. It does show that the simplistic dichotomy of objective / subjective is not a useful argument in very many cases.It is very close to good / bad - moral / immoral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetics

scientifically speaking , beauty is defined as having bilateral symmetry .

Source(s): nytimes.com/science

#obbessed....has.nothing to do with u

I'm a 9.5 out of 10 soooo whats the question?

• Bill

got that right and it all depends on the bottom of the beer bottle you ae looking through

LET ME SPEAK WITH YOURE MAnager