Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 10 months ago

Am I over reacting?

So my coworker adopted a dog. I went with her to the shelter helped pick him out he’s such a sweet baby and I’m all about spoiling and taking good care of my babies. Well she only wants to feed him dry food. And he clearly doesn’t want to just eat that and I told her he should be able to eat wet food too. And she’s like no I can’t afford to keep up with that. I’m just like wtf. I just want to spoil him and make him happy but he’s not mine. Am I over reacting?? I’m just really disappointed with how she is with him.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

I agree that a diet of only dry food is not the best option for a dog. It also isn't animal abuse.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

My dog ate dry food for 10 years and counting and he still walks me 5 miles every day. The vet says dry food is best. Now what's the problem ??

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Thumb down and flag every answer from Zots.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

If I was the co-worker, I'd consider filing a restraining order. You're cuckoo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Yes, you are. HER dog is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. So keep your nose OUT of it.

• 10 months ago

My fiend has 14 healthy dogs all fed on a diet of dry food, the shelter they came from fed them the same. As long as the dog has plenty of water to drink too it should be fine. Maybe she'll let you treat the dog now and again, ask her if she'd mind you buying the odd tin or tray.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They aren't babies, they're dogs...

You're over reacting, it's nothing to do with you at all, unless your co worker asks for advice...

Modern dry food is well balanced and provides everything a dog needs...

Let your colleague live her life, you live yours...

• 10 months ago

WTF is it your business? You think you have a decision on this dog just because you were with them to adopt? Get the F over yourself! Most canned foods are complete CRAP. What are you feeding? Pedigree?

More importantly is that they feed either a grain free kibble or better - raw. But again - NOT YOUR EFFING BUSINESS!

• 10 months ago

You have your right to an opinion. I disagree with you, too.

I feed just kibbles & hard treats to keep the tartar off their teeth. I don't feed any wet food nor do I feed them table scraps.

I have bought a wide variety of treats but they like Ole Roy treats the best. Peanut butter flavored ones.

My 15 yr old Dalmatian doesn't have much tartar on her teeth at all. Nor does my 6 yr old Boxer X. To help them out I buy knuckle bones from the butcher at Walmart. The knaw on those bones so hard their gums bleed.

• 10 months ago

No, not over-reacting. You're interfering. It's her dog. She gets to make the choice of what it eats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.