How do I get my land lord to repaint my apartment?

I just moved in to a an apartment. The apartment is really old and has a few places where the wall colors just don’t match at all. I hate this and want to get it repainted. The land lord is very hesitant and will not do anything unless it’s absolutely necessary. What is a way that I can get my walls repainted. The house used to have a smoker live there if that’s useful at all.

You cannot get him to do it. He is not going to put himself in a position of liability over you. That job is a "between tenants" job. If you wanted it done, you should have asked BEFORE you moved in. Either offer to do it yourself - he may or may not pay for the paint, or put up with it. It's what you rented.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

By paying for it yourself with your own money so it doesn't cost him anything.

See if they will let you pay to have it done..

Option #1: offer to do it at no cost to him - you buy the paint and either do the painting yourself or pay a professional painter out of your pocket, give the landlord a chance to approve the color choice.

Option #2: Offer to sign a new lease at an increased monthly rent amount. The monthly increase should be enough to cover the cost of painting within 1-2 years.

Offer to pay to have it repainted.

• nanu

ask.........................................

all you can do is ask, the rest is up to him

If you are already in there...I bet nothing you could do to convince the LL to paint if you already know they are cheap...

• Judy

Offer to do the painting if they'll but the paint.

You should have requested that before you moved in. You're stuck with the paint as it is unless your landlord is a hugely generous person. Which I doubt very seriously.

You could always paint it yourself, yeah?