Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

Should that fight between Floyd Mayweather and Connor Mcgregor count on Floyd's record?

Floyd boxed for decades, was a world champion and focused all his training in boxing vs Connor an MMA fighter who only focused some of his training in boxing and had never had a boxing match prior

seems kind of cheap for a long reigning champion of the craft to fight someone in their very first boxing match he made alot of money but still cheap nonetheless

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

No it shouldn't.  But money rules.  If you take that away from Mayweather, than we must comb through history and take a few others from some past champions. 

Floyd Patterson, former heavyweight champion, once defended the title against Pete Rademacher, who was an Olympic gold medalist but had no professional fights.  

There are other such examples.  Money played a factor in each of these events.  Floyd and Connor stood to make a bunch of money because the public was willing to play for it.

I believe their bout shouldn't count.  But I understand why it does. 

• 2 months ago

Yes but maybe the Pacquiao fight shouldn't since Manny embarassed the sport and fought like a little bi*ch.

• Mier
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I thought it was a joke of a fight. But coming from Mayweather I wasnt surprised.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Boxing rules between 2 professionals, so yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

depends on how bad it was

• 2 months ago

That was the most scripted fight ever, an emberrassment to the sport and an emberrasment to Floyd

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It was a boxing match, so it counts on Floyd Mayweather"s record.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.