Is this a valid reason to deny rent application?

Update:

I applied to rent a condo with my sister and her boyfriend. We all have great credit and secure, well paying jobs. Landlord denied our application because "we would have parties". Nowhere in the application did we state we would have parties, nor have we ever even thrown a party at our current residence. Is this legal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

as long as its not discrimination against a protected group (ie race, religion) it is a valid reason in the US.

an objection to parties is not an objection to the age.

the protected classed under FHA are race, color, religion, sex, and national origin, disability, family status (having a child under 18).....

being a young adult (18-30) is not a protected class.

• ken4 months agoReport

age discrimination?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Partiers are not a protected class from discrimination...

• 4 months ago

There are certain reason that they can't deny a rental such as race, religion. sex. etc. That is not one the reasons.

• ken4 months agoReport

and age is one of those reasons, no?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes.....absolutely

• ken4 months agoReport

Is that not age discrimination?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Yep, perfectly legal.

• 4 months ago

A landlord doesn't have to have a "valid" reason. He or she can deny rent application without having a reason.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Going by you non information so called question, yes its a valid reason. But you just joined YA, this is you first so called question so I bet you are just another troll asker.

Adding information after the so called question is really intelligent on your part, TROLL. Can't answer a non question.

• ...Show all comments
    • ken4 months agoReport

is this you bro? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=342715&stc=1

• 4 months ago

Looks valid from here.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.