Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

If I join the Military would my mom and little brother receive any benefits?

I’m 20 and my family and I are currently going through a hard time. My mom currently lost her job due to a injury that happened during her job and her employer is willing to pay for her medical bills but refuses to pay for her time off. She is currently talking to a lawyer but this whole process might take some time and with her injury its safe to say she won’t be able to work again. I work a full time job but theirs no way I will be able to handle all then bills on my own. I’ve heard that when you get married in the military your spouse receives benefits and even housing. Do benefits apply to parents and siblings or just when you get married. I would go talk to a recruiter about this but the nearest recruiter is around 15 miles away and I don’t have a car or the time to go meet with him and also he’s got a bad rep around my city due to him lying to people to get them to join.

15 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes, give them your check...it is always easier to use someone else’s money. That is why welfare is popular among those that don’t contribute.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

YES!

Of course they will!

WHAT EVER YOU GIVE THEM OUT OF YOUR POCKET!

The Military how ever are not a welfare money box which doles out money!

• 2 months ago

Yes if you declare them as your dependents AND you provide 50% or more of their support (house payment such as rent,food, insurance, utility bills, etc.). In other words you better prove that you actually pay the bills to feed, house and dress them.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO! The US military DOES NOT provide benefits for your mother and her children.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Your family does not receive benefits from the military. Your mother should be receiving workers compensation benefits in addition to having her medical bills paid. That is paid by her employers insurance company, not the employer. She should have applied for it when she first got injured.

• 2 months ago

Not directly, no.

• 2 months ago

Your Mom will get workers comp under US law.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the only way your brother would get benefits is if you adopted him legally and through the courts. adding a parent as a secondary dependent takes about 2-3 years, is often denied and requires you to declare them as a dependent on your regular taxes after having provided 51% of all their Neds for a period of no less than 12 months.

oh yeah and if you are a single parent, you cannot enlist.

your mother has to apply for Medicare/Medicaid/disabiity

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you're injured on the job or acquire a work-related illness, workers' comp will pay your medical expenses, and if you can't work, it will also cover wage-loss compensation until you're able to return to work. Benefits are usually paid by a private insurance company or state-run workers' comp fund.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Do benefits apply to parents and siblings? No, they do not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.