Is $550 a lot of money for working 51 hours?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

My time is charged at $100 an hour, so it sounds like a bargain.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

It's $10.78 per hour. So, it depends on whether you're a nuclear physicist or flipping hamburgers at Mac's or just doing a odd jobs for someone. If you're just doing odd jobs, it's a fair a amount, at fast food, it's about average. A nuclear physicist, he wouldn't even get out his pencil for that amount..

formeng

• 10 months ago

It depends on what you are being paid for... brain surgery no it's not a lot..streaming playing video games... yes

• 10 months ago

For a 16 yr old or teenager, $550 is a lot, considering it's roughly about $10 an hour, plus overtime pay ($15, which pays time and a half). But for a working adult, it's not a lot of money.

So 40 hours x $10 = $400. OT pay is 11 hours x $15 = $165. In total = $565. After taxes, it may be around $519.

But if it's after taxes, it's probably around $11 an hour, it's a 'little bit' more money but overall it's not a lot of money.

So no, $550 is not a lot.

I'm speaking for myself, as I live somewhere (San Diego, CA) with 1 bed/bath apartments ranging from $1700-$2100 so this income will not suffice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

I think it is for working a lot of hours!

• 10 months ago

550/51 = $10 an hour

It's a little over minimum wage.

• Brigh10 months agoReport

You are stupid. I said after tax

• Eva
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

No, if that is before tax deductions.

• 10 months ago

Depending your age and your needs. You’re in Alaska working on minimum wage of $9.84 p/h and getting pay $14.76 p/h for 11 hrs of overtime. That’s the lowest wage in the nation and that’s what someone gets for an entry level position or a job with little challenge. So if you’re someone whom is starting to work for first time in a basic job is ok, but you most gain experience and have more responsibilities to earn a better pay, or have a better job.

• 10 months ago

by no stretch of imagination.

• 10 months ago

that is bit over $10 per hour.

Before deductions it would be about $12-14 per hour. which is over the minimum wage, but not by much.

• David
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

That depends on your profession or trade.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.