What will you do if you were in my place ? Pls I need your opinion?

Good morning,

It is my first post so pls be kind. I am 34 years old. I met a guy from match who is 49. We met each other and first night was great. We kissed and he kept telling me how beautiful I look. Next day I got many messages from him declaring he wants exclusive relationship and he doesn't want me to date other men. He says a lot of the time the right things. He is declaring sweet love words and it is just second day. I searched his name thru google and he is not 49 but 53. He was arrested for 6 months because he owned plumbers company and didn't do good job and his clients complained. All that is online. I want to meet him again but very apprehensive. What would u do if u were in my place?

Why would you even consider someone who wants an exclusive relationship after one date? Nothing is right about this guy; you would wind up being his exclusive possession, and he could be running around with other women all over the place, demanding each of them to be exclusive to him.

He's a liar and a manipulator; he has lied about his age, and you found out even more info about his questionable past. You know you can do better--please, do not walk into his trap.

• Tara

RED FLAGS are all over the place here.

1st - a plummer doesn't get arrested just because he did a bad job .. (there must be BIG reasons for something he did).

TOO QUICK … he is being too quick .. he has a reason for being so quick .. for example he may need a place to live - OR be the type of person who is completely controlling on a dangerous level.

Lied to you -- he's already lied to you.

RUN !!!!! … fast.

He has already gone too far. You either have low self esteem OR you can surely do much better. You don't need to spend anymore time with this guy. You've already proven that he has lied to you about his age..

• Foofa

The minute he asked for exclusivity after just one date would have been the tip off for me. This guy is a lair and is showing all the signs of being controlling. You can do better.

There are a few red flags:

- second date is too early to declare an exclusive relationship

- sending many messages on this topic is more than persistency, it's going into controlling behavior

- it's a bit early (and rare) for anyone to declare love on a second day

Regarding his name and age: how do you know that your search refers only to him and nobody else?

If the information you discovered is correct, then it's a deal-breaker. There is no way you can trust someone who lied about these basic facts.

He should be killed off. No woman will ever go near that man. He will never touch a woman's genitals and no woman will ever agree to have sex with him

1. Too old for you!

2. Don't you want children?!

3. Eww 53! ...And even someone in their 40s (especially LATE 40's is nasty!).

4. He's a liar. What else is he lying about?! The fact that he's a murderer?!

Edit: At 34, you should know better than this.

• Anna

Age is just a number. My friend is 26 and her boyfriend is 49 and they are happy.

He’s coming on too strong. You should take control of the pace you would like to get to know him and if he doesn’t respect that then you know where you stand. Personally I wouldn’t entertain someone who is lying

head over heart > head over heals

Run, run, run. He is a sweet talking liar. You deserve better.