Enrique asked in SportsRunning · 3 months ago

what are those spikes on top of the edge of the knife? and what is it for?

i circle it

Attachment image

5 Answers

  • .
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    They are serrations.

    Your post belongs in a more suitable category than Sports>Running. Please relocate it. (try Sports>Outdoor Recreation>Hunting)

  • 3 months ago

    It is called serration and it increases the cutting efficiency of the blade.

  • 3 months ago

    It is a hunting knife. The toothed edge is probably for descaling fish. You probably could saw with it a little but it is not ideal as saw blade.

  • Tasm
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

    I thought it was to saw wood bits to make a fire, could be wrong.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    it's called a serated edge, and is there to help 'saw' the knife through objects when you want to cut it up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.