Job wants me to use an air horn or whistle . I feel there is some negative things about using them am I wrong ??

I am a security guard. I deal with a lot of sleeping transients because I work in a small strip mall. They have a 21 foot rule. And since I don't have the loudest voice in the world. They have authorized use of a whistle or air horn. Blowing an horn or whistle jolting or waking somebody up out of a deep... show more I am a security guard. I deal with a lot of sleeping transients because I work in a small strip mall. They have a 21 foot rule. And since I don't have the loudest voice in the world. They have authorized use of a whistle or air horn. Blowing an horn or whistle jolting or waking somebody up out of a deep sleep. Everybody reacts differently. My concern are as following. What happens if they attempt to attack me, they have a heart condition they end up having a hear attack or stroke. I do not feel comfortable and do not want to be responsible if somebody is severely damaged or dies. Then I could be accountable for a lawsuit. If they do attack me I am unarmed. No handcuffs, no baton, no gun, no brass knuckles, I do carry pepper gel even though I'm not supposed to .
5 answers 5