Is my art bad?

I’m 17, been drawing since I was 11. I’ve always really liked cartoonish and anime styles of drawing (wow how original). I guess I really like being able to make something be kind of exaggerated or just have fun with it in your own way. The only drawing class I’ve taken was drawing 1 at a community college last... show more I’m 17, been drawing since I was 11. I’ve always really liked cartoonish and anime styles of drawing (wow how original). I guess I really like being able to make something be kind of exaggerated or just have fun with it in your own way. The only drawing class I’ve taken was drawing 1 at a community college last year. I wanna get my associate degree in art because I really find all the classes interesting and I want to get better at understanding what I’m drawing and how to draw certain things. The picture I included was one I just did recently of Reno from Final Fantasy 7. I think there’s a lot of things I can improve on, like shading, color, and proportion which I haven’t really learned about that much yet. But I want to hear from other people; is my art shitty or do I have some hope? (Also please try to be a little gentle with me lol I know I’m just a dumb kid. I didn’t draw his whole body because I really only wanted to focus on torso and up. That’s why one arm is cut off)
3 answers 3