Why does my car only starts when i press the gas?

Im going to be as detailed as i can possibly be and try to make easy to understand . I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex 4 cylinder engine. Lately my car would crank but would not start unless i press the gas. Sometimes it would start without me pressing the gas but rarely. Now that i told my problem im going to mention... show more Im going to be as detailed as i can possibly be and try to make easy to understand . I have a 1998 Honda Accord Ex 4 cylinder engine. Lately my car would crank but would not start unless i press the gas. Sometimes it would start without me pressing the gas but rarely. Now that i told my problem im going to mention other details. I installed brand new spark plugs and bought new wires for my car. I have already checked to see if the battery is good and it is, the starter is good, and also the ignition is good. The only thing i havent changed yet is the distributor. Im not sure if thats the problem or what. Please help no bad comments. Im not a car guy i dont know everything about cars i just want to be able to go to work !
3 answers 3